A number of factors cause a drop in practice value, says Dr. Jim Guenther, MBA, MHA, CVPM, AVA, a Veterinary Economics Editorial Advisory Board member and owner and president of Strategic Veterinary Consulting in Asheville, N.C. Click on some of the most common devaluers for solutions to get your practice back on track.
1. Staff isn’t well trained
2. Inventory isn’t being bought, sold or recorded correctly
3. Practice rent is too high
4. Clients are leaving—and not coming back
5. Toxic staff members bring the team down
6. Revenue expenses are out of control