BizQuiz: Are you educating your veterinary team?
If on-the-job training is the only CE you offer, your veterinary practice is behind the times. Team members who receive CE enjoy coming to work because they learn and grow every day. These happy, educated employees are better able to inform clients because they’re offering consistent messages. Do your employees enjoy an educational environment?
Find out by answering the questions below, all based on data from Benchmarks 2008: A Study of Well-Managed Practices. You'll learn along the way about ways to bring more CE into your practice—and reap the benefits of a more motivated, better-educated team.
1. How often do you hold doctor meetings, including business or medical discussions and case reviews?
2. How often do you hold operational staff meetings with receptionists, technicians, and assistants?
3. How often do you hold internal CE meetings with receptionists, technicians, and assistants?
4. On average, how often does your hospital administrator or practice manager attend external CE?
5. On average, how often do your receptionists attend external CE?
6. On average, how often do your credentialed technicians attend CE education?
7. On average, how often do your veterinary assistants attend external CE?
8. In 2010, how much on average will you spend per fulltime hospital administrator or practice manager on external CE?
9. In 2010, how much on average will you spend per fulltime credentialed technician on external CE?
10. In 2010, how much on average will you spend per fulltime veterinary assistant on external CE?
Interested in more data on CE ideas opportunities as well as tips and data on financial standards, medical standards, and client compliance? Click here.