Friday fun: You know you're a horse person when ...
It's likely been a long week for you equine practitioners and your team members, so take a seat, untie your work boots, put up those swollen feet on the nearest desk, rail, or tree stump, and have a laugh—on us. Veterinary practice needs a few giggles, too, this time courtesy of a humorous list floating around the Internet.
You know you're a horse person when …
1. Your horse gets new shoes more often than you do.
2. Every time you drive past a road construction site, you think what nice jumps the barricades would make.
3. You consider a golf course a waste of good pasture land.
4. You pull a $17,000 horse trailer with a $1,000 pickup truck.
5. Someone does something nice for you and you pat him or her on the neck and say, "Good boy."
6. You try to squeeze past someone, and instead of saying "excuse me," you cluck instead.
7. You say "Whoa!" to the dog.
8. Someone asks for a screwdriver and you hand over a hoof pick.
9. You are unreasonably pleased to get a horse item—ANY horse item—as a gift.
10. You actually get to a point when flies don't bother you that much anymore. (Yeah. You know, after a while, that buzzing can be pleasantly hypnotic.