Creating a culture of excellence
1. Achieve clinical excellence and offer a high-quality, memorable client experience.
2. Provide extraordinary, value-added patient care that supports optimal health and well-being.3. Support the practice and all its team members so they're productive, well compensated, and prosperous, as is fitting for those who offer excellent care.
4. Achieve harmonious, empowered relationships based on open and empowering communication, free of gossip and unhealthy attitudes.
5. Support team members in the continual effort to live a life with no regrets.
6. Support team members' commitment to excellence and the fulfillment of the practice mission to offer cutting-edge veterinary health care.
7. Help each team member achieve breakthrough performances and gain a leadership role in some area of the practice.
8. Help team members live empowered, satisfying lives marked by service to others.
9. Create an ideal work environment that attracts, rewards, and maintains a dream team.
10. Support the practice so that it serves as a role model in the community and veterinary profession, inspiring respect, trust, and confidence.
Display your commitment statements prominently in the practice to give team members a constant reminder of their commitment to excellence, ethics, and service. Refer to the list in staff meetings or whenever a staff member needs to be reminded of his or her importance.
Does this seem like a lot of work? Well, it is. But when you commit to working together to create such a culture, communication improves and relationships work much more smoothly—and your practice will earn distinction as an environment that supports the finest health care.
Joseph S. Rubino is the CEO of The Center For Personal Reinvention, an organization that offers personal coaching and conducts courses to enhance personal effectiveness and business productivity.