BizQuiz: What can a manager do for you?
Do you have a practice manager? If so, your practice is already reaping the many rewards. But if not, you may be surprised how much a manager can help ease day-to-day operations and improve profitability. Take this quiz to see if you can spot the benefits.
1) On average, how many hours a week of a practice owner's time can a manager save?
2) How much can a manager increase your gross revenue?
3) How much does a practice lose per hour if a veterinarian owner spends time on managerial duties instead of practicing medicine?
4) Hiring a practice manager means …
A: You'll never have to make a business decision again.
B: You should still keep some of the decision-making for yourself.
C: You should watch every decision he or she makes carefully to ensure things are being done correctly.
5) Which statement is true regarding who you should hire?
A: Never hire someone internally from your practice; only hire practice managers with experience.
B: Never hire someone internally from your practice; current employees will not be effective because other employees will not accept them as a leader.
C: It's fine to hire someone internally from your practice.
6) When you first hire a manager, how long does it take before he or she can completely take the reins?
All finished? Check out the links below for even more advice.